|A Shard of Ice|
|Main enemy:||The Demon|
|Main setting:||The Murgin Pass, 1847|
|Release date:||4 November 2010|
|The Demon of Paris||Starfall|
Publisher's summary Edit
In the icy wastes of the Murgin Pass, the Doctor and Mike take refuge in a remote lodge alongside Albert Tiermann, storyteller to the king. But the owner’s hospitality is repaid with a grisly attack, and suddenly death is amongst the small party.
What is the significance of a book of fairy tales, one of which prophesies the Doctor’s encounter with an Ice Queen monster? What long-held secret is Albert Tiermann holding back? And what dark figure stalks the snowy mountainside?
The answers to these questions add up to a terrifying encounter with a strangely familiar foe.
to be added
- The Doctor - Tom Baker
- Mike Yates - Richard Franklin
- Albert Tiermann - Samuel West
- Frau Herz - Carole Boyd
- Ice Queen - Jan Francis
- Hans - Tom Lawrence
- Mrs Wibbsey - Susan Jameson
to be added
- Albert Tiermann mentions having a father named Ernest Tiermann. This is a reference to the character Professor Ernest Tiermann from the Tenth Doctor novel Sick Building, also by Paul Magrs.
- The Doctor refers to yeti, and narrates a number of stories to Tiermann including:
- Mike told Liz Shaw, Alistair Gordon Lethbridge-Stewart and Jo Grant about the adventure with the Hornets. (AUDIO: Hornets' Nest)
- A Shard of Ice at the Doctor Who Reference Guide
- DisContinuity for A Shard of Ice at Tetrapyriarbus - The DisContinuity Guide